jueves, 20 de marzo de 2008

Hipervínculos

Os recomiendo visitar:

www.mikroworld.com

donde el inglés Sam Buxton expone su pequeño mundo de Mikromen, divertidas mikroestancias y mikropersonajes que derivan de superficies planas, las cuales dejo que él mismo explique (en un extracto de una entrevista concedida al Design Museum):

"Q. What were your main preoccupations in your work at the time?

A. I find the interface between the living body and the built environment very interesting, from body traces to information exchange. It’s an ongoing preoccupation which continues to produce object experiments.

Q. How did you develop the original MIKROman?

A. I wanted to make a unique business card, I find most so dull, one that expressed the work I do as a designer. Most cards suggest that you call a number or visit a website - I thought wouldn’t it be great to design a card that transformed into a piece of my work that could be kept. The acid etching process, used predominantly in the electronics industry, seemed an ideal technology to create a card that could fold from flat into a 3D scene. The original business card is a miniature scene of me working at a computer, displayed in an exhibition at the Design Museum in 2001. I was approached by a company who thought they would make a successful commercial product, I called them MIKROman and to date there are six versions. To me it is still my business card but the MIKRO series is a lot of fun to develop and will continue to grow.

Q. And how has the MIKRO series of characters and environments evolved since then?

A. Alongside the business card, and long before the MIKRO series, I had an idea to create a complete living unit – a machine for living with all the equipment needed for a home – an idea which I had initially been thinking about as an exhibition stand in laser-cut stainless steel. Not having an opportunity to make it large I decided to make a miniature version using the acid-etching process - I no longer want to make a large one. All elements had to be connected to the sheet but I still wanted the room spaces to be interesting three dimensionally, it was a real challenge to include all the objects and features that a kitchen or living room etc. might have. I wanted people to look at this miniature cube with all these elements folded out and think; I recognise that I could live there. I made it for myself, only now has it become available within the MIKRO series, really through demand more than anything."

Y este es el link de su tienda online:

www.mikromart.com

Alex

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Yo los vi en Londres hace unos años y me parecieron algo de lo mas curioso, en los almacenes Liberty.
Recuerdo uno que al desplegarlo de la lamina de metal aparecia un tio como trabajando en una mesa de dibujo...
Por lo que me comento Al ahora tambien los venden en alguna tienda de diseño de Madrid, un regalo que a cualquier arquitecto le encantaria, os lo recomiendo.

 
Maternity Wear
Maternity Wear